Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You were my first...

I'm new at this. I was on Invisible Children's "Vanguard" website, and they said to start a blog and just rant. So that's what I'm going to do. Rant. Once a week, I'm going to sit down at my computer on my porch...currently the most peaceful place I can find. (as long as it's like midnight, and my family's in bed.)
So...I'm sitting here. My Chemical Romance blasting in my ears...Mama is the song. How true is the main line..."Mama, we all go to Hell." From birth, that is where we're destined to live in eternity. Without his amazing grace...we all go to Hell.
Song change...Why the deuce am I writing about what I'm listening to? I don't know either.
I wish I could make people care. I work with this really cool guy named AJ. He could do so much for people if he just cared a little bit more. That's just one example. Society has my generation so worried about themselves, that they forget to care about someone else. It makes me sick.
When asked about his "influence" on kids of America, the president of MTV said, "I don't influence the kids of America, I own them." When I first heard this, i wanted to jump at the television, because I thought it wasn't true, but after I thought about how my life has been so impacted by this channel, I wanted to attack myself. I couldn't go a week without The Real World, or Road Rules. I wanted to dress like those people, act like those people, talk like those people. Heck...I wanted to BE those people. So many of the youth of America are like that.
I guess I'm doing ok...on the whole ranting thing, I mean. Just let me know if you like...if it sucks...I'll stop and save us all the pain of a sucky blog.

Jared

2 comments:

Elora said...

Just remember cardinal rule #567,674,875,987: Don't think. Just write.
Keep on...

Justin Rich said...

I find you very insightful and very wise for your age. Just remember one thing: God gave you emotions, He didn't give you to your emotions. Keep your emotions in check, brosef. Love ya, man!